Here is some suggestions from PierG, some old and new books you may want to try this summer:
- The Goal – E.Goldratt: a must read also to remember his recent death. If you have not read it, do it now!
- Reality is broken – J.McGonigal: the last part of the title says it all “Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World”. Read it especially if you are NOT a gamer (I am not)
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? – S.Godin: are you tired of your work, do you want to ‘interpret’ your working experience in a different way? Give it a try!
- The happiness manifesto – N.Marks: not much more to write, the title says it all
- My voice will go with you – M.Erickson: here again the title says it all “the teaching tales of M.Erickson” (M.Erickson is the father of Ericksonian hypnosis)
- Extreme Programming Explained – K.Beck, C.Andres: if you are in the sw development space you should read it AT LEAST once every year
That’s all for this summer, happy reading and … what would you add to this list especially for this summer??