Here are some advice following previous post:
- be careful of the why question: read here, here ad here for more info.
- before asking, respect other’s ideas: you have to first get the idea, saying something about it, repeating and commenting and AFTER ask the question. You can refer to the ‘medicine ball’ paradigm you can find in Manager Tools podcasts or to the NLP concept of rapport
- it’s not a police interrogation : if you are in doubt your counterpart is getting irritated, don’t ask any more
- don’t use closed questions: closed questions get a yes/no answer. Not good at all if you want to understand more about what she is thinking
- asking questions change others focus: and the good news is that changing focus often means changing state!