There is no day in which I miss reading an article or receiving complains (from peers, directs, colleagues, clients) about how hard it is to run IT in a company, how low is the user’s satisfaction, how far are IT managers to strategic decisions of the company ….
- clarify the role of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) […] and define core IT services that shall be provided by the CIO;
- realign the NASA IT organization to reflect the role of the CIO and better connect with customers;
- create a governance structure and processes to engage key stakeholders, inform IT investment decisions, and apply project management discipline to IT projects;
- increase visibility into IT budgeting and spending through management controls and fund base IT services through a combination of Corporate and Center Management and Operations funding;
- improve integration, security, and efficiency of IT by consolidating infrastructure and management control;
- assign ownership of application portfolios and create a CIO-facilitated process to drive application standardization and efficiencies
Running IT in a company seems TO BE ROCKET SCIENCE and Innovation 🙂