I was reading this interesting post on ‘The Practice of Leadership’ blog: it talks about why CEOs are usually fired.
- Mismanaging change (31%)
- Ignoring customers (28%)
- Tolerating low performers (27%)
- Denying reality (23%)
- Too much talk, not enough action (22%)
Two interesting aspects, in my opinion.
One is that no one of these words are used: budget, revenue, money, sales, results …
- Mismanaging change -> 🙂
- Ignoring customers -> customer collaboration (over contract negotiation)
- Tolerating low performers -> continuous attention to technical excellence
- Denying reality -> responding to change (over following a plan)
- Too much talk, not enough action -> Working software (over comprehensive documentation)